The original post is below, but here's our success story with this promotion:
We are 11/11 in getting rewards. I know, the limit is 10, but it happened that our very last reward was for a $25 statement credit next time we shop at Wal Mart, so we bought another $25 GC, and then got ANOTHER $25 credit for next time! So we did it once more and then got nothing.
So here's what we bought:
(12) Wal Mart $25 Gift cards (all separate purchases) $300 total.
- if there's ever a place that we'll have no problems using gift card at, it's the Mart! :)
We got the following rewards:
- $2 Dunking Donuts gift card and (3) $2 cards to send to 3 Facebook friends (this was one reward)
- 1 Free year membership to ShopRunner ($79 value)! (this was our first reward and seems to be a common 1st one)
- (1) $4.50 statement credit
- (6) $5 Statement credits!
- (2) $25 Statement credits after our next purchase (we just got more gift cards)
So... after the statement credits, we will have paid $215.50 for $300 in Wal Mart gift cards! I don't think that is beatable!
Again, your results might vary, but the chances of getting a reward seem to be around 95%. Plus, if you're buying a gift card for a place you shop at anyway, and you use i like you normally would, then you're not losing anything! (just make sure you can pay your entire AMEX bill!)
Go here to register for their "gift chain" and you'll get a shot at a free gift with a $25 purchase from the following stores:
Eligible stores are:
American Eagle Outfitters
Bed Bath & Beyond
Rue La La
And of course, you have to use your registered AMEX card to get a gift.
There is a limit of 10 rewards per card.
The success rate looks to be fairly decent on this! They're giving away things like $25 gift cards, $20 statement credits, $5 Starbucks cards and more! If you're shopping already, this is just another bonus!