Recipe ~ Balsamic Penne with Asparagus
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 lb. pasta (any kind)
- 1-1.5 lb asparagus (broccoli works great here too!)
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar (leave the 3/4 measuring cup about 1 tbsp shy of being full)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Begin by simmering the balsamic vinegar (turn on kitchen vents!)
- After about 5 minutes, preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut 1-2 inches off of the ends of asparagus and place on a baking sheet
- pour olive oil over asparagus and hit with a dash of salt and pepper
- Boil water for pasta
- Right after you put the Asparagus into the oven, start cooking the pasta. Each should take around 10 minutes.
- Continue reducing the balsamic until there is about 3-4 tbsp left.
- If the pasta finishes before the balsamic, remove, strain and put back in pot.
- Add the butter to the pasta.
- Add the roasted asparagus to the butter and pasta
- When the balsamic is reduced, remove from head and stir while adding the brown sugar and a dash of black pepper
- Pour balsamic onto pasta with butter and asparagus and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Top with Parmesan cheese to taste
- That's it!
What do you think? If you're a fan of balsamic, go for it! This recipe will be an instant favorite!