Wedding Registry 101 – Creating a Macy’s Registry
Creating a Wedding Registry at Macy’s is a very smart thing to do if you’re getting married.
There are tremendous benefits to choosing to register at Macy’s. Their selection of products is virtually endless, and gift givers can shop online or in store to their hearts content!
We were more than satisfied with our Macy’s registry from start to finish. From the time we registered, we were treated like a royal couple! Even after our wedding, we were treated with special care to make sure our shopping/returning/completion process was perfect.
As we have made known on here quite a few times, we indeed got married (got hitched, tied the knot, etc etc etc) on May 20 of last year. It was the best day ever. But that is not the point of this post. The point of this post is to tell you just how great of a decision it was to create our wedding registry at Macy’s. (Side note: Registering was one of the most fun events of my life. They give you a funky hand scanner thing which is actually quite heavy – I recommend letting the groom carry that one – and you get to walk all around the store scanning objects willy nilly. 50000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets? Don’t mind if I do! It’s like FREE shopping! And we all know shopping is therapeutic.) Needless to say, registering was one of my favorite parts of the getting married process. Plus, we attended a fun little event exclusively for registered couples called Sip & Scan, with yummy food and beverages and they even sent us home with some fancy Macy’s champagne flutes, all free! (Have I mentioned I like free stuff?) Let me break it down for you, the top reasons to register at Macy’s, if you will.
1. Swag bag! Yes! Now, who doesn’t like a good swag bag, am I right? When we registered, we were treated like royalty in that little heavenly section of the store, tucked to the side by all of the pretty crystal vases and breakable dishes. The Wedding Section. *Cue angel chorus* And upon registering, we were promptly given all of these fun freebies! I got a tote bag just full of goodies. Macy’s must have had some agreement with Clinique, because for the bride, you get a nice little collection of Clinique samples, including mascara and a full-sized lipgloss (which I did, indeed, end up wearing on our wedding day!) Free makeup is definitely one way to a girl’s heart. A+ to Macy’s for that one.
2. Free gifts! We were given a list of gifts that we could get simply by registering for a certain dollar amount of specific brands. For example, we got a Calphalon knife for FREE just by registering for $500 worth of Calphalon products. This is just for REGISTERING for these products, not purchasing! And if you do end up with some of these products you don’t really want? The return process is super easy!
For a complete list of free gifts available, go here.
3. Completion discount of 10% that is good for any purchases that you make. ANY purchases, whether they are on your Registry or not. The completion discount is raised to 15% on jewelry through 3/31/12! So, you have an additional discount that you get to use every time you shop at Macy’s! Need a new bathing suit for the summer? Why not use that 10% completion discount, and stacked with the other promotions and sales that Macy’s is constantly having, you end up saving lots of money! Just another great perk of registering with Macy’s. And of getting married. ;) The website says this completion discount lasts up to 90 days after the wedding date, but we got ours even 6 months later! All we do is print our registry in store, which is still saved in the system, and it works just fine!
4. If you sign up for the free Macy’s Star Rewards, you get 5% of what everyone else spends on you from your Registry and 10% of what you spend on a Rewards card about a month after your wedding! Yes, that’s right! Free money! In case everything else wasn’t enough, this is a nice little bonus treat they throw in.
5. You can also create your own personal wedding website through Macy’s! We did not take advantage of this, but it is another freebie available if you choose to use it!
So there you have it. Are you engaged? Know somebody that is? We definitely recommend Macy’s as a great place to register for your wedding! Remember, the possessions are not what’s important, it’s that feeling of knowing you’ve found true love and spending the rest of your life with someone who will always be by your side, through thick and thin. The registry gifts are just added bonuses.
Thanks for reading our Wedding Registry tips for Macy’s!
To see how to save money on everything else, check out our home page and subscribe to our free daily email or follow us on Facebook or Twitter to get all of our updates!
*Disclaimer: This is not in any way a sponsored post. We received no financial incentives for writing this. We chose to create a Macy’s wedding registry on our own. The views and opinions are our own.*