So you need some tips on how to save money fast do ya?
There are many reasons why you would need to save money fast. I'm not talking about just growing your next egg, I'm talking about something like emergency surgery for a pet or replacing a $1200 window in your home that a tree branch came through.
Chances are you want to save money fast in order to buy something, so I will recommend, up front that you consider very carefully whether or not a no-interest type of payment plan will work for you. If you are 100% positive that you can make it work, take the 0% interest for 6 months or whatever they are offering. Since you are in a bind, it is easy to just take the 0% interest plan that lets you pay only a small portion up front. Usually those plans have stiff penalties if you still hold a balance after the 0% interest period is up. So again, consider these options very carefully.
So let's go over some ideas on how to save money fast:
• Sell your services. Whether you are good in the yard, have painting supplies or have a truck to help with moving, people can always use an extra hand and are often willing to pay!
• Some membership services (such as 24-Hour Fitness) allow you to put your membership on hold for a certain period of time. Look into this and save yourself a month or two's worth of membership fees.
• Stop shopping! Unless you absolutely need it, don't buy it. There will be opportunities to treat yourself once your personal finance crisis has ended.
• Head to your local thrift store. If you must buy something (a coat for winter or a shirt for your kid) hit up your local thrift store. Look for quality stuff (yes, that does exist in thrift stores)
• Grab a blanket or turn on a fan. If we're agreeing that you are in a financial conundrum and every dollar matters more than ever, you're going to have to suck it up a bit when it comes to your comfort at home. Setting the thermostat to a comfortable 70 degrees just doesn't help you save money. So open a window or have some ice water if you're warm and layer up if you're cold! You'll be happy you did when your utility bill comes and is 20% lower.
• Drive like a grandma. Well, not that slow but you get the idea. Driving 65 on the freeway and driving slower in general will improve your MPGs and keep you away from the pump a little while linger. Also walk or bike where you can. Gas is expensive, so avoiding your car is a great way to save some quick cash!
Do you have any tips on how to save money fast?