I almost feel silly calling this a "recipe" as it's really just throwing a bunch of delicious things into a bowl and mixing it all up and of course adding some love in that mix, and voila! But it is scrumptious, and a crowd favorite every. single. time. So give it a go! And, really, who wants all the fuss of a complicated recipe? Especially when you could be doing so many more important things, like swimming in the pool and sunbathing and laughing with your family and friends. Because, really, that is what the 4th of July is for. Plus, another bonus? No cooking involved! Lord knows you don't need to heat up your house any more than it already is. The balsamic and the pretty green mint really make this dish something special.
Your favorite fruits! Get creative! I like:
- 2 baskets of strawberries, stems cut and halved or quartered (depending on the size of the berries)
- 1 basket of blueberries
- 1 can pineapple slices, drained
- 3 white peaches, pitted and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces (don't be afraid to squeeze some of the juice in there, too)
A handful of mint, cut into small pieces using kitchen sheers
1-2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar*
1. Throw all of your fruit together into a nice big mixing bowl
2. Add mint and toss
3. Whisk honey and balsamic vinegar well and pour over fruit
4. Mix everything together with two large serving spoons
*If you don't have balsamic vinegar, just add 1-2 tbsp of sugar instead of the honey/ balsamic vinegar mixture.